Living in the Brampton area, you probably have a mother, father, or neighbor who is 65 or older. That’s because in the Central West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) – the area served by Osler hospitals, seniors between the ages of 65 and 74 are the fastest-growing group. In fact, this group is projected to rise 64 per cent by 2021 (compared to 43 per cent growth predicted for Ontario).
Peel Memorial assesses and cares for seniors with many different health needs. Clinics and teams previously located at Brampton Civic have moved to the Peel Memorial location, and continue serving the entire Osler community.
Peel Memorial offers seniors:
- seamless access to a team of geriatric and preventative health care specialists, through an integrated network of health care providers including the Central West Community Care Access Centre, rehabilitation experts and Osler’s acute care hospitals
- geriatric assessment clinics, where experts work with patients to establish what patients need to address their health issues and stay healthy
- specialized geriatric and preventative clinics for falls, stroke rehabilitation, incontinence treatment, nutrition counselling, memory treatment, osteoporosis and movement disorders (such as Parkinson’s disease)
- short-term rehabilitation services for seniors with complex medical, psychosocial and functional issues, including those who have recently been discharged from hospital
- coaching for patients and families on how to cope with behaviours associated with conditions such as Alzheimer’s or dementia
- additional support to ensure seniors get prompt access to outreach and outpatient services that help maintain independence at home and in the community
Donate to Peel Memorial